Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPCG @home & @online

Okay, after a day of trying to go through as many mails as possible, and to clear as much of the room as possible, this is what I could get to... I'l start with the room (which yes, deteriorated over time because...it's just how life is with the sisters. Though they are improving!)

My table got all cluttered with all sorts of things again after the flurry of the wedding weekend.
The best part of today was that the younger sister finally cleared out the grey basket in the corner!
Yay! Achievement of the month for her!
Yes, I celebrate the smallest of victories!
We use the vanity table everyday and somehow things just get here like a vicious cycle.
I'm glad we got to go through it together this time though so that we could throw out old makeup and stuff.
When things are thrown out, there are less things around, and they won't have the opportunity to move or come back. :D
The stuff on the floor has been promised to be moved when my sister gets to her new office in a few weeks. :)

I took the "before" pic after just starting to LifeHack the bottom drawer
by stacking them upwards (instead of on top of each other).
I was amazed that it was actually my younger sister who requested that I should try organizing the drawer that way.
I was very happy with the results!

This is my lower drawer of dresses.
As you can see, they are sorted by colour and I put the most "fragile" ones in Ziplocks.
Finding my dresses is going to be so much easier now! :D
There's more to the room to be done, but I somehow found myself at "room-cleaning saturation point" after going through my table, these two drawers, my undergarments drawer, as well as the bookshelf, and I knew pushing myself to try to tackle the rest of the room would have been at a lower productivity rate, so I decided to do it on Friday when I have the night free. :)

Instead, I decided to get back to decluttering the emails...and look at how much I got accomplished!

And here's the rundown of how we're doing in terms of Email-decluttering

  • Personal Gmail (Had: 390, Now: 238)
  • Work Gmail (Had: 415, Now: 398)
  • Work IntraMail (Had: 1396, Now: 1393)
  • Work YahooMail (Had: 4678, NOW: 199!!!!)
  • Previous Total: 6897 Mails to get through, NOW: 2228)
I pretty much cleared 70% of my mails! I was so proud of myself!

As you can probably guess, I spent most of my time on the Work YahooMail. I still can't believe that I could bring it down by that many (I suppose because a lot of it was junk mail, obsolete information, or needed simple archiving). It took a lot of time-investment, but I'm glad I got through them. I can't wait to hit my target of having only 7 mails in each inbox. 


And for the iPhotos
Before: 18,078 Photos
Currently: 17,814 Photos

For the photos, I was mainly deleting duplicate pictures, random, insignificant, and blurry pics. It's amazing how many unnecessary photos I've taken of food and random bits of life. Not to mention I still have yet to compile all the photos of the ex together. I already know it's going to be an exceptionally emotionally draining experience, but I suppose somethings need to be done sooner or later. (And today, being the exact one-year mark of our breakup last year, it's probably high time to get them together, store them away in a CD, and out of my daily workspace - far away to prevent memory triggers. Perhaps I'll stay up tonight to try to sort through them and bring a little more closure.)

My goal for my iPhotos is to go through all my photos, delete all the crummy ones, organize all the nice ones into proper Events/Categories, and choose a few pretty & memorable ones to be printed out. :) I'll probably burn a the photos into CDs by the year or something too. Either that or store it in an online space. Not to mention that I have a lot of work product-shots in my laptop that really could be somewhere else. Hopefully by the end of the exercise, I will have less than 10,000 personal pictures on my laptop.

There's so much more to go, but we're getting somewhere.

For this e-decluttering, once we're through with the emails and iPhotos, I'm planning to go through my iPhone and DropBox, and eventually look into my online profiling and clear any junk floating around..and I suppose we'd be done for the year for the online side of things!

It's back to office tomorrow and I'll be back to clearing out boxes of random information chucked together. Especially that it's tax-filing in a month, we've just got to get all our information and paperwork sorted out quickly! Looking forward to closing this year well to start afresh in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment