Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SPCG @home: midday update!

Tah-dah! :D
I've closed all the unnecessary tabs and compiled all the links of "floating projects" into Word docs and categorized them for easy retrieval when I start working on them again. I probably have to give those folders a deeper clean, but at least they're all cleaned out now!

In order to not "cheat" in the case that I might have been just moving stuff around my computer instead of actually decluttering - and to have a better monitoring of my springclean - I also decided to look into the actual numbers that I can compare at the end of this exercise. Specifically, I have looked into my system memory and disk usage (of which I surprising only have slightly over 900MB of free disk space!).

The rest of the day is going to be spent refreshing and updating the system. Clearing through the over 18,000 iPhotos I have (yes, more than 18,000). And the emails.

I have found this LifeHack of "How to Speed Up, Clean Up, and Revive Your Mac" to be really helpful! I don't really have a problem with the cleanliness and cables, but the parts about updates, uninstalling unnecessary apps, and reclaiming hard drive space would be great! I can't wait to get to the optimizing the system step - and to see how much space and efficiency I would have created at the end of this process! :D

Oh, and then there's the room.

Back to "work". ^^
Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment