Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Organizing plans for the public holiday!

Done! And with an empty in-tray too! :D
And here's if you're more of an before-an-after sort of person:
I'll be clearing away that red box this Thursday,
and moving a few other items here as we reorganize the outer office. :)
It was only at the end of the work day that I realized that tomorrow is a public holiday! And I was completely ecstatic at the extra time I have to organize @home! I was very tempted to head back to office and get some cleaning done, but I decided that it'd be a great time to straighten out some of my finances and declutter the room (of which I only did a rough sweep of when I got back two weeks ago).

I have big plans for tomorrow.

Including trying to clear this up...
People tell me this e-clutter is a normal for a girl's desktop, but it's not acceptable for me!
I actually chose the background graphic partially for its content,
but also for the white border to act as a "No files past this line" marker.
As so:

I think there are a lot of duplicate and obsolete files and stuff like that around.
Gotta go through the Eliminate, Categorize, Organize Plan.

I realized that I also have have a really bad habit of working at too many things at one time. From the graphic above, you can see how many files I have open at the bottom of the screen. Worse still, I usually have quite a few projects open at the same time...

This is my typical web window:
And this is probably not the only Chrome/Safari window I have open...

So I'm not perfect...but I'm in the midst of getting things in order! It doesn't help that my mind sometimes just runs with SO many ideas and I just chase after them as they come (omg, isn't that a sign of bipolar too?! ARGH! Then again, it might be OCD... hmm...) Anyhoos, racing thoughts or not, I have the ability to get them under control and organize them into chunks. I choose to! And tomorrow I will have the time to clean all these things out!

Plans for tomorrow (Yay for public holidays!)
  • Declutter and organize the girls' room (and bathroom)
  • Organize personal finance, insurance, and travel files.
  • Declutter my poor art cabinet (which has turned into a sty whilst I was away in the States)
  • Send the clutter out of the house! (Salvation Army, here we come!)
  • Declutter the laptop desktop.
  • Declutter and Organize my iphotos. Burn photos that I really should store away into a CD and not be in unhealthy viewing access (see: photos with J :(). 
  • Try to get more cleared out of the emails! (Current accountability count as below)
    • Personal Gmail (85 in Inbox, 305 in "Personal" label. Total: 390)
    • Work Gmail (415 in Inbox)
    • Work IntraMail (1396 in Inbox)
    • Work Yahoo (Apparently 4678 mails now that I have to sift through.)
    • TOTAL: 6897 mails to get through! X_X Unsubscribe! Delete!
It's late and I'm still up, but I'm just so excited and can't wait to get started!!! 
Maybe I'll start a little now since I've still got so much energy in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment