Sunday, October 04, 2009

project major springclean




So, with most of the family gone, I've finally embarked on a major springclean. I now have approximately one week to work on all the shared spaces (including the kitchen, a store room downstairs, the living room, and a couple of other major areas that I wouldn't be able to work on otherwise).


The whole house is now a whirlwind of things after a mere two days of attacks and I'm surprised how physically draining it can get...but the fruits of the labour will be worth it!


First, welcome to my HQ:



Yes, I'm superbly proud of it. :)


Everything is in place for a major springclean! There are also other areas that I didn't mark out here - of things to throw away (which is basically an area with one big black trash bag and a stack of spares), and things to give away (of which includes clothes which will be donated to families in Manila on an upcoming collection shipment on the 15th of October).


To get an idea of what I've been working on the past two days and will finish by today...


Here are pictures from a room that I've been so concerned about.Everything goes here when we lack space. It's pretty much a storeroom, and goodness knows how disorganized it is!











Yes, I know it kinda-sorta looks organized, but it's just a whole load of clutter everywhere...and it's seriously floor-to-ceiling clutter. There's tons of stuff that I need to get rid of here. I spent quite a bit of time here yesterday and found disintegrated plastic, strange bottles of unidentified liquids/powders, and even an ant/termite nesting area that disintegrated two poorly storage wooden steamers. And we're talking about them being stored in unsealed medium sized plastic bags - of which each had two distintegrated wooden steamers which had about one or two inches of wooddust which the insects bit through for their nesting...which were housing little insecty eggs. 0_o Yes, it was very disturbing to clean through. It gave me a lot of job satisfaction when I did finally get rid of them though.


And did you spot it?
There...in the back..in the cabinet...



Told you we had another stash somewhere. :)
Will have to clear this out too considering that there are half-drunk bottles and that garlic vinegar has been so vinegarized that there are little black particles floating around it now. 
Will probably bring the stash upstairs down here as well.


Alright, enough chatting, I've got loads to do today...
including going through these cabinets.



The kitchen is going to be quite a feat, but I can't wait to get things sorted.
Maybe I'll even be able to convince the other siblings to lend a hand...maybe.


Wish me luck! 
(or at least perserverance... and in the case of another insect nesting of some sort, courage would probably be good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment