Thursday, October 01, 2009

in charge for two weeks

I know I haven't quite been posting as regularly and as predictably as I would love to, but so many changes have been happening in these few weeks. Even now, I've just gotten back from the airport - sending off the sister, househelper, and the parents on their trip to Israel over the next two weeks. As I got back to a dark, empty house I just realized that I now am in charge of a whole house along with the care of the two younger siblings for the next two weeks. Not to mention that there's an overwhelming amount of work to take care of.


Now that my househelper has gone off with them, I need to put some preemptive measures in place to minimize washing, cooking, and eating of all sorts of rubbishy food for the sake of "convenience". Tonight I'm going to pull out items from the pantry and plan some meals. I don't want the siblings to go on some crazy spending spree on food outside that's filled with all sorts of trash. We're going to go on disposables for two weeks and I'm going to pack away the cups so that each of us are responsible to live on ONE cup each. Use it, wash it. That should do it.


These two weeks are also going to be crazy organizing weeks for me as I take the opportunity (and space) to clear out things in the house that I couldn't tackle because I'd get in someone else's way. It's seriously not easy living with 6 other people in a small space. But now that most of everyone's gone, I'm going to try to make some money out of the clutter... once I figure ebay out. Prollz going to freecycle quite a few things too. Hopefully, I'll be as productive as I envision in my mind to be. *fingers crossed*


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment