Tuesday, September 29, 2009

project one : : our new dressing table

So after two weeks of stress in not being able to do any organizing, I took some time out today to finally get something done. 


After a quick trip down to Ikea, we found our dressing table. It was slim, had a drawer and had a clean design - just the way we wanted it. And just to prove that girls can do manly things too, I decided to put it together all by myself.


Hello challenge.





It looked pretty achievable...

Yes, with the help of Ikea's DIY manual.


Okay, maybe this was a bit daunting:



But I was determined!


Not to mention that I was quite in awe of some of the types of screws they had... Like these:



It took me a while to figure some parts out, but within an hour of trying to match the picture to the actual bits... Hey presto!


Hello New Dressing Table!



What a difference it is compared to the state that this corner was in a week ago...



Now to get all our girly stuff together, put in some mirrors, perhaps a small whiteboard for happy notes...and we'll be ready to get pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment