Saturday, October 10, 2009

project major springclean : : update

So these past few days have been a crazy time of trying to juggle my responsibilities of work, being a big sister whilst the househelper and the parents are out of town (which has involved cooking and preparing some meals and cleaning), and then there's "project major springclean" happening...which I have to clear up by tomorrow because the rest of the family returns Sunday!


The good thing is that I've been being really consistent with getting things in order. There's still a lot more to do, but at least quite a number of places have been overcome! Not to mention that having freecyclers come in to pick up items has been great. I've met all sorts of interesting people from all walks of life :). It was very nice to meet quite a  few Fillipinos/Fillipinas too. 


Alright, so after much spotting, moving, untying, sorting, throwing, cleaning, and reorganizing...
Here are the results from the past three days...



You have no idea how many things I found on top of that fridge 0_o.


There are still a few expired bottles of medication that I didn't throw away because I figured that I should let the parents do that. The last time I threw away medication, my dad told me I threw away his medication and he looked so upset. I was traumatized the whole day thinking I did something that was making my dad suffer and die slowly or something. It was a VERY bad experience. Never again.


I tried to clear the fridge door a little too as it the clutter was thoroughly annoying:




Seriously, we don't need to have fast (bad) food advertisements cluttering up the space. I only left one from Canadian Pizza...though I think I'm going to throw that out as well tomorrow. And yes, I know, more stuff has gone back on top of the fridge temporarily till I find a home for them.


As you can see, we also obviously need one of those over-the-washing-machine cabinets to store our baskets and clips. Maybe I'll get it installed when there's enough money in the family fund which I'm building from selling things we don't need/use off.


Here are two other interesting areas I worked on:

And to prove that I've seriously been battling weird insecty things, look at what I found underneath all that rubbish in the freestanding unit:






Don't ask me what they were, but it looked like insecty eggy things and it was all over the drawer. I tried to salvage what was in the box, but when I opened it and something scuttled out, it went straight into the bin - which I fortunately dropped into (cause it was just below me) out of horror. 0_o I sprayed oven cleaner all over them and they made the cleaning liquid FROTH. 
Gross.


Venturing out of the kitchen, I also cleaned a console unit and two large drawer units:




So that's basically it so far other than few other areas that are still in progress like the Storeroom (the before and after are exact shots from the same areas they were taken):

Much more to be done...in time.


And remember I talked about how incredibly messy and discouraging the house was for the in-between of the cleaning?

One more day till the rest of the family gets back and I have SO much to do! For one, HQ has got to get tidy to look like I was just randomly pulling out a few items for work or something. Gotta work fast!


-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, and wanna see something more interesting happenings in my springcleaning? 

My dad was supposed to drink it last week before they flew off...guess they were too harried to remember.


I know it's mold, but I surprisingly found it very pretty:



Almost Christmassy, don't you think? ;)
(Oh my goodness, I can't wait for Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment