Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pure Giving.

So I posted up stuff yesterday in my Picasa album and got a bit worried that no one would want any of it. I logged into Freecycle, submitted an offering post, and the next thing I know, I get something like 50 emails for the items! I only had a few minutes tonight to browse through a couple of the mails, but chances are, I might be able to give out everything! :) Happiness!


There's something about giving that I love very much. It almost feels like Christmas... except it's September, and I didn't have to spend money on the gifts, and I don't really know any of the people I'm giving to. :) But it's okay! I think it's even more wonderful that I don't know anyone that I'm blessing - because then I won't have any part of me in expectation of receiving - which makes the giving all the more awesome...it's like experiencing pure giving. :)


Now I'll just need time to read through the emails, pack everything into groups, tag them with names, and send them away! This is more awesome than I thought. Everyone should give more often! And give purely! (Or purely give?)


I can't wait for next Thursday!


P/S If you're one of the awesome Freecyclers who emailed me, please be patient alright? I need some time to go through everything and get them organized for you.


If you've been keeping a bajillion (or more) things in your home, consider blessing someone else today!

Let's be honest, 99% of all the things you buy depreciate in value/material...even when it's stored in your cupboard. It's a simple fact that things decay (it's even biblical wisdom). If it's not the moths, it's rust, if not...then the dust bunnies might get to it. In fact, if things are stored in your closet, they're not just zero value, but are actually negative value - because it's taking up space in your house that could be used for something else that could serve you (and/or your family) better. I haven't gone and done proper research, but I'm pretty certain that even when things are cluttered up behind closet doors, it still affects you psychologically (Has anyone also experienced that nice feeling of relief and lightness after a good round of spring cleaning and throwing things out?) Giving away the extra things in your life would at least give them life and productivity... even if for someone else.

Sometimes, the returns are a lot greater when we let go.

If you're thinking where you can go to give away your things:
1. The Salvation Army has several drop off boxes all over Singapore.
2. Freecycle is an amazing online community of giving... not to mention that you actually get to meet the people you bless (even if only for a brief "Oh hello, this is it. Hope it blesses you. Bye." minute). Just log in, post, and start giving!
3. If you have clothes to give away, there's a Freecycler who's collecting old clothes too! So if you have clothes you want to give away, I can connect you guys!

It's really not that difficult. Just visionize the betterment of life in letting go, set aside time (even if it's just 15 minutes a day) and just pack, take a deep breath, and just...give.


I can offer you free encouragement anytime if you need it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment