Friday, September 11, 2009

random cleaning update : : we have been attacked!

Argh! They've attacked!



Giant dust bunny!!!
Stop trying to look cute! 
Swat swat wipe wipe!

Actually, have you ever wondered why they call them dust bunnies?

Why bunnies?  I bet I was right about their similar reproduction rates...

I actually thought this
particular one looked more like a platypus.

As so:
Still! DUST!
*frantic wiping ensues*

Here's an interesting site to understand the life of these "gentle creatures"...
even down to how to care for them.


Right, back to work fun.


There are some good dusting tips here.
When wiping or dusting, I've found it best to make gravity work for you and work from top down. Just the other day, I watched as my househelper cleaned my bedroom ceiling fan after she had tediously cleaned my whole bedroom floor (yes, with a bucket of water and a cloth). Rework back on the floor can be a frustrating experience. Start with ceilings, airconditioners, fans, top of walls, and work downward.
Oh, and when working with areas under siege with dust bunnies as I've encountered today, remember to dry-dust first before wet-dusting. (i.e use a dry cloth/paper towel/sock/other tool that'd help you sweep the clumps away before you use a wet cloth to go over the surfaces).

No comments:

Post a Comment