Tuesday, September 22, 2009

life mess


The past four days have been living truth that when life gets messy, the mind gets messy. And when the mind gets messy, it gets really hard to get things organized. 


I was so revved up to get the house organized, but somehow I didn't expect my new job to take so much energy and time out of me. Today I'm considering about the different pieces of my life right now and the fruits they are bearing. Perhaps there is more than the external environment that I need to focus on right now. I've always believed in cleaning from the inside out - no point having a closet look pristine from the outside but be absolutely in chaos within. Similarly, it's just as dangerous to look fine on the outside when we're facing turmoil within. People need to be real - inside and out.



I'm going to take the week to really think through the different pieces of my life right now (job, people, personal interests), evaluate my motivations, and schedule my time for my priorities.


The large table was claimed though, and the vanity table has been bought. It's still in its box and I hope to set it up sometime this week... when I finally get the time to get it done. Sigh...



Thought of the day
Sometimes it's good to take a breather away from life to evaluate it. Just as one could cover longer distances by stopping to take short rests on long runs, short breaks throughout life could help carry us further.



No comments:

Post a Comment