Sunday, March 31, 2013

B&A: Good Friday Springclean

It was the long Easter weekend this week, but instead of cleaning my office over the Good Friday break (which I intended to reorganize and all to make space for new staff), I decided to clean my room which has been turning into quite the junkyard after several weeks of busyness at work. It only took one day, but I was really proud of myself that I had finally found time to straighten out my immediate living space. No surprise that I slept much better that night.

Here are some before and after pictures that I always love to take. I swear by before and after pictures. They are really encouraging and give one such a sense of satisfaction.

This space has always been "sacred" to me.
Somehow, the state that this cabinet is in is highly correlated to how messy I am inside at a particular point of time in life. Interestingly, though, is that my mother has a HUGE habit of stuffing (hiding) things in this cabinet. Clearing it out again was a wonderful feeling. Yes, I cleaned out the side unit too.
Stuff was all over the floor!
It was so refreshing to have a clear walkway again.
After coming back from Bangkok, the space at my bedside somehow became a clutter-attractor.
I cleared everything away, and in its place put a small tray of all the products I use at the start and end of a day - creams, gels, sprays... helps me keep all my things in one place without getting mixed up with the sisters'.
Imagine waking up to this everyday! It was a warzone!
It took quite a bit of effort organizing the nitty grits like jewelry, but it felt so much better after.
Because of the clutter, I completely stopped using this desk and my administrative work piled up!
It was so lovely to be able to see my table again.

Tomorrow, I shall be organizing the office spaces as I have new staff coming in and would like to ensure that proper spaces are created for a new and effective team. I haven't shown the new photos of the office yet, but I will - in time when all the proper spaces are set up! :)

Now that the room is in much better condition, I think I'll be tackling the other side of the landing next week. It's mostly filled with my SIL's stuff...cause they're waiting for their house to be ready, but I think there is some work that can be done on my end at least. It's a really a heap of a warzone - also the first thing that the family sees after we exit our rooms, so it's pretty important to start the day right.

Till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment