Saturday, November 17, 2012

closing 2012 well

It's been 3 years since I've last wrote here.

Now, having taken over the running of the family business, life has had even more stuff poured in... now with new areas to straighten out, and new heaps of information to organize. Since working in my office for the past year, I've created new spaces and straightened out quite a bit, but somehow the flow of information and paperwork still hasn't been the most conducive. Especially after over 20 years of documents to straighten out... the task can be really insurmountable, but step by baby step we're slowly getting there. 

Now, coming to the end of the year, it's the best time to start a clean sweep to prepare for a fresh start for the new year. And hopefully, I'll be done before Christmas! :)

I've already gotten my Christmas cards out to be written and sent away before December comes by and the flurry of cleaning (and finding, and wrapping up Christmas presents) starts to engulf every other activity. Many a time, the flurry first kicks the "Writing Christmas cards" activity off the list pretty quickly. I suppose especially now with the ease of sending e-cards, even through our phones at a click of a couple of buttons, the tradition may seem a little redundant, but I believe there's just something that cannot quite replace that of knowing someone took the effort to pick out a Christmas card, pulled up a chair, and decided to write to you out of love for you. It just takes a lot more heart, and I'm sure people can feel the warmth of receiving that blessing.

Yes, I shall make time for that this year.

These couple of weeks ahead will include the activities of clearing out the office space, the home, as well as finally tackling the especially large organization projects. I.e. Having a REALLY clean sweep.

I'm looking forward to a fresh, clean, organized, EMPOWERED start to 2013.

Wish me luck! 
xoxo


P/S Hope you like the new refreshing change to the layout of the blog. This was the old one... 




Thought it was a bit too boxy and screamed a little too much PINK! #^_^#

No comments:

Post a Comment